Tuesday 19 May 2020

Jean Mooney, Ryoko Minamitani, Ayşegül Altunok and Danny Mooney - Art of Caring 2020

Welcome to the Art of Caring 2020. Today we introduce the work of 4 artists who have contributed work to this year's exhibition.... Jean Mooney, Ryoko Minamitani, Ayşegül Altunok and Danny Mooney. The Art of Caring is an annual inclusive international art exhibition celebrating Nurses, Midwives, Carers, and the NHS. Thank you to the School of Nursing at Kingston University for their support.

Jean Mooney
 "I would not call myself an artist as such, but I have always enjoyed making clothes and knitting – usually to patterns of my own invention. When I was a student, I found I had a facility for anatomical drawing.
I was captivated by the idea of entering something to the Art of Caring 2020, and this knitted panel of a haiku I wrote on the theme of ‘Ingredients for a Healthy Life’ is my first entry to any art exhibition.
After a lifetime of working for and within the Health Service I feel that I and my family have been, and still am, indeed fortunate to have benefited on so many occasions from the companionship, camaraderie, wisdom and dedication that is so willingly given by all members of the nursing and care staff."
Dr Jean Mooney, PhD, FFPM RCPS(Glas)
www.drjeanmooney.com

Ryoko Minamitani
"I explore the relationship between spirituality and artistic expression. During meditative states, I transfer the true nature of the inner unconscious behind the mental and emotional phenomena on the art works. In particular, I focus in capturing the expressions of the essential soul.
I believe that the beautiful mixed colours, shapes of abstract painting and vibration of work affect viewer’s mind positively and free themselves from negativism. I am influenced by abstract expressionism, psychology and spiritualism such as Shintoism, Buddhism and Healing therapies."

Born in Japan, currently live and work in Swansea Wales. My art works have been shown in numerous exhibitions and galleries, and some were chosen for selected shows and private collections. Studied various art courses included MA Art & Design at Leeds Becket University.
www.ryokom.com

Danny Mooney
Ayşegül Altunok

No comments:

Post a Comment