Saturday 30 May 2020

Susan Plover, Chris Brown, GIDEON CONN and Hamish Young - Art of Caring 2020

Welcome to the Art of Caring 2020. Today we introduce the work of 4 artists who have contributed work to this year's exhibition....Susan Plover, Chris Brown, GIDEON CONN and Hamish Young. The Art of Caring is an annual inclusive international art exhibition celebrating Nurses, Midwives, Carers, and the NHS. Thank you to the School of Nursing at Kingston University for their support.

Chris Brown
Psychoanalysis has played an important part in my life, personally and professionally, so I have chosen as a statement something said by the psychoanalyst Hanna Segal in one of the last interviews she gave: “The important thing is to keep a little fire burning; however small, however hidden. I find this extraordinarily helpful: we live in a mad world, but for those of us who believe in some human values, it is terribly important that we just keep this little fire burning. It is about trusting your judgement, and the power of love. A little trust, and a little care” (Jon Henley, The Guardian, Monday, September 8, 2008).
Chris is an artist and filmmaker. https://vimeo.com/channels/theuncproj
He has worked as an art therapist in the NHS and as a lecturer at Goldsmiths, University of London. He is currently a freelance clinical supervisor and an editor for ATOL: Art Therapy Online. http://journals.gold.ac.uk/index.php/atol/index

Susan Plover
In my life I have had cause to be in hospital for wonderful reasons ,namely the birth of my children. Sadly, I have also been admitted for personal health issues. I can only applaud all the nurses who I have encountered for their caring and dedication.
As an artist I have seen my work used in many settings both within traditional white cubes and relevantly in hospitals. Recently a piece was featured in St Bart's and each year I create a piece for sale to raise funds for The National Brain Appeal.

Hamish Young
GIDEON CONN

No comments:

Post a Comment